Monday, January 14, 2013

DIY Party Decorations



We had a little get together over the winter break so I needed to get my DIY cap on! I wanted to make a few cute decorations to jazz up the house.

I hit the dollar star to buy some inexpensive materials.

Here is what made the list:

A cute doily banner. These are absolutely adorable- in fact ours is still hanging up and I am not sure I want to take it down! This cost me a buck... that IS right $1. I already had some yarn and a glue stick at home. All I needed was a packet of doily's. You can even purchase a fabric version of this off etsy. It would be a lot more durable and you could pretty much hang it anywhere.

A lovely tutorial on a doily banner  littlemissmomma

I first fell in love with the paper pom pom in my 9th grade Spanish class. We had to make these for Cinco de Mayo. I love making different versions of these. You can get really creative with colors and sizes, the possibilities are endless!

Here the link to a blog with the step by step tutorial Head Full of Feathers

Paper lanterns! These are my absolute favorite, I would use them everywhere if I could. These were a bit on the expensive side. I opted to use a holiday 50% off Michael's coupon to justify my purchase ;) We hung from our stairwell banisters hanging down in the foyer. Here are the ones I used Martha Steward PomPoms


What are your favorite DIY Decoration ideas?!

1 comment:

  1. Continue the wonderful good article, I just read couple of articles about this web page and i believe that the blog is rattling intriguing and consists of sets of helpful information.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...